Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Blather

We have canned sixty-seven jars of pears.  Saturday night Savanna and I didn't get back to my house until 3:30 in the morning.  Sunday we finished everything up right before Matthew and I went up to Portland to get Noah from the airport.  For our last fourteen jars, Savanna and I waited until Annetta had gone to bed (she worked graveyard that night) and then quickly added cinnamon to the syrup.  It tasted divine.  Now I'm wishing we had thought of that long ago.

Savanna and I are contemplating picking more pears, but Annetta has forbidden us to.  We might have to go around her and can them without her help, because I really think we need more cinnamon pears.  Besides, we took thirteen jars of pears into the local sort crew at UPS today, so we need more to hoard on our own shelves.  I think local sort loves us.  We bring them goodies a lot.  And besides, who doesn't love home-canned pears?

I am so incredibly tired.  Matthew let me stay in bed until 9:00 this morning, which is almost unheard of, but I've had a headache leaving and returning all day today, and I also had to take a Benadryl.  Oh, Benadryl, I love you so much, but you make me so very sleepy!

I got a new phone today, a Sony Xperia.  I have been thinking about it for quite a long time.  It is the only waterproof smartphone around (the rep said her friend took his scuba diving and took underwater pictures with it) and it has a 20.7 mp camera.  I haven't had a chance to test the camera yet, but I am looking forward to taking and sharing lots of pictures of my children again.  Hurray!  I haven't put a memory card in it yet, but I've put a lot of my music on it, as well as all of The Chronicles of Narnia, a few other Lewis audio books, a great deal of Tolkien audio books, and the Marissa Meyer audio books, and I still have 10 GB of space left.  This pleases me greatly.

I suppose I should go collect my children from my parents' house now.  I love Tuesdays; I can hang out with Annetta and Savanna and write without constant interruptions from children.  One evening a week where I can just be a writer.  Time to go be a mom again!

No comments:

Post a Comment